Website Privacy Statement
Effective Date: December 10, 2019
Effective Date: December 10, 2019
What is the scope of this Privacy Statement?
This Privacy Statement applies to websites, mobile applications, and digital services that link to or post this Privacy Statement. This Privacy Statement is intended to let you know what Personal Data ALLERGAN HONG KONG LIMITED, including our affiliated entities (referred to collectively as “Allergan,” “we,” “our,” or “us”) may collect about you, how we collect your Personal Data, for what purposes we use your Personal Data, to whom we may disclose your Personal Data, and what rights you may have to limit our use of your Personal Data. In this Privacy Statement, we will collectively refer to the websites, applications, and digital services that may link to or post this Privacy Statement as “websites”.
What Personal Data may we collect about you?
Through our websites linking to this Privacy Statement, we will not collect and process Personal Data that directly identifies you by name or include your contact information, but will collect and process Personal Data which may be used to identify that a specific computer or device information (such as IP Address) has accessed our website and which if combined with certain other information could be used to identify you. We receive this Personal Data through your interactions with our websites.
Through our websites linking to this Privacy Statement, we may collect and process:
- Online identifiers;
- IP address
- Data from our cookies or 3rd party cookies; and/or
How will we use your Personal Data?
Processing of your Personal Data includes where we may record, organize, structure, store, adapt or alter, retrieve, consult, use, disclose by transmission, dissemination, or otherwise make available, align or combine, restrict, erase, or destroy your Personal Data. We may process your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- Authorizing, granting, administering, monitoring, and terminating access to or use of Allergan systems, facilities, records, property, and infrastructure;
- Tracking your interactions with us;
- Auditing our programs and services for compliance purposes;
- Where we have legal obligations to process the Personal Data;
- Statistical analysis, including analytics performed by our vendors;
- Website administration; and/or
- Marketing activities, including third party cookie tracking and creating an interest-based profile related to your interactions with us or others
For any additional purposes where we are required to notify you and get your consent, including those purposes required by local law, we will obtain your consent before we process your Personal Data for those purposes.
What is our legal basis for Processing your Personal Data?
The applicable legal basis for which we process your Personal Data for the specific purposes listed above include the following:
- Based on your consent : In some cases, we may ask you for your consent to collect and process your Personal Data. If you choose to withdraw your consent, you may delete your personal data or close your account through the cancellation function provided under the websites. Please note that if you withdraw your consent it will not affect any processing of your Personal Data that has already occurred. Where we process your Personal Data based on consent, we will provide more detailed information to you at the time when we obtain your consent.
- Compliance with applicable laws or performance of a contract: In specific circumstances, we may need to process your Personal Data to comply with relevant law/regulation or to fulfill our obligations under a contract to which you are subject. Where we process your Personal Data to meet our legal obligations, you will likely not be permitted to object to this processing activity, but you will usually have the right to access or review this information unless it would impede our legal obligations. Where we are processing to fulfill our contract obligations under a contract where you are a party, you might not be able to object to this processing, or if you do choose to opt-out or object to our processing, it may impact our ability to perform a contractual obligation that you are owed.
- Our legitimate interest: We may process your Personal Data based on our legitimate interests in communicating with you and managing our interactions with you regarding our products and services, scientific research, and education opportunities. In addition to the other rights you may have described below, you have the right to object to such processing of your Personal Data.
Cookies and Similar Technologies that collect Personal Data
- When you access to our website, we will put Cookies on your device. Cookies is a small data file that a website can place on your computer or other Internet connection device. Cookie is the only data to identify your browser, or saved data or internal settings of the browser. Cookies enable us to identify you when you access to our website again, and help us provide customized experience so that we may detect some types of defrauds.
- We collect different types of data from Cookies and other technologies. For example, we may collect devices you use to enter our website, type of working system, type of browser, website and other system settings, system languages and counties and time zones that devices locate in. Our web server recordings also record the IP address you use to connect to Internet devices. IP address is the only identifier that devices use to identify and communicate on the Internet. We may also collect data of the websites that you access to before or after you enter our website.
- We will not use Cookie for any other purposes outside of this Privacy Statement. You may manage or delete Cookie according to your preferences. For relevant details, please refer to AboutCookies.org. However, if you do so, you may not access to our website or applications safely under some circumstances and you may need change your user settings every time you access to our website or applications.
Do Not TrackThere are different ways you can prevent tracking of your online activity. One of them is setting a preference in your browser that alerts websites you visit that you do not want them to collect certain information about you. This is referred to as a Do-Not-Track (“DNT”) signal. Please note that currently our websites and web-based resources do not respond to these signals from web browsers. At this time, there is no universally accepted standard for what a company should do when a DNT signal is detected.
Google Analytics may be used to help make our website work better
and to help us understand what parts of the website are being
utilized. Google Analytics uses technical tools such as, first-party
Google Analytics service tracks visitors to the site who have
interact with a website, including where they came from and what
they did on a site. Google Analytics collects the information set
forth above from users.
This information is used to administer and update the website, and we will also assess whether the visitors to the site match the expected site demographics and determine how key audiences are navigating the content.
A. Opt-Out Provision:
Google analytics offers an opt-out provision for website visitors who do not want their data to be collected. You can receive more information about this option here: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
B. Google's Use of Data:
Children’s Personal Data
This site is not intended for or designed for individuals under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from any person under the age of 18.
To whom and when will we disclose or share your Personal Data?
We may share or disclose your Personal Data with the following entities:
- Our global affiliates, as we discuss below.
- Third parties with whom we contract to carry out services on our behalf to perform activities or functions related to the processing purposes regarding your Personal Data that are described above. If we do, we will require that these third parties acting on our behalf protect the confidentiality and security of your Personal Data that we share with them. Unless otherwise specifically stated in this Privacy Statement, these third parties must contractually agree that they will not use or disclose your Personal Data for any other purposes than necessary to provide us services, perform services on our behalf, or to comply with applicable laws or regulations.
- Government agencies, auditors, and authorities. We may disclose your Personal Data to government agencies, authorities, and auditors in response to authorized information requests or as otherwise required by laws, regulations, or industry codes.
- Potential or actual third party purchasers. If we decide to reorganize or divest our business through a sale, merger, or acquisition, we may share your Personal Data with actual or prospective purchasers. We will try to make sure, without your consent, the usage or share of Personal Data will not be conducted in violation of this Privacy Statement, and security evaluation will be conducted in accordance with laws and rules. However, in case of a sale or merger, your continuous usage of our websites will be deemed as you have agreed to be subject to this Privacy Statement as well as other applicable terms imposed by any subsequent operators.
How do we transfer your Personal Data internationally?
As we provide products or service through resources and servers throughout world, you permit and agree that your Personal Data may be transmitted, synchronized, backed up to those areas outside of the country/district where you are using our product or service, or be accessed from those areas. We may transmit your Personal Data to our other global affiliates. Allergan affiliate names and contact details can be found at https://www.allergan.com/home. Additionally, these affiliates may further transmit your Personal Data to our other global affiliates. Some of our affiliates and their database locations may be in countries that do not ensure an adequate level of data protection similar to the laws in the country in which you reside. Regardless, all our affiliates are required to treat your Personal Data in accordance with this Privacy Statement and our privacy and data protection policies and procedures.
We may transmit your Personal Data to our third parties with whom we contract to carry out services on our behalf to perform activities or functions related to the processing purposes regarding your Personal Data that are described above. Our third parties are contractually obligated to comply with applicable laws or regulations, including having a valid cross-border transfer mechanism in place to receive the personal data.
How do we protect your Personal Data?
We use industry-standard administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect your Personal Data against loss, theft, misuse, unauthorized access, modification, disclosure, and destruction. We will adopt all reasonable and applicable measures to protect your Personal Data, such as, we adopt encryption techniques to protect data security; we apply trustable protection mechanism to avoid hostile attack on data; we launch access control mechanism to ensure only authorized personnel is allowed to access Personal Data; and we hold security and privacy protection training sessions to strengthen awareness of employee pertaining to data protection. We will only transfer your Personal Data to third parties acting on our behalf where we have received written assurances that your Personal Data will be protected in a manner consistent with this Privacy Statement and our privacy policies and procedures.
How long do we retain your Personal Data?
Your Personal Data will be maintained for the duration of your relationship with us. We will store and retain the Personal Data we collect about you in accordance with our Corporate Record Retention Policy, after which it will be anonymized or deleted. A detailed schedule of our retention practices can be found at https://www.allergan.com/home. Please note that certain information could be retained for longer periods of time if we have continuing obligations to you or if required by local law.
Links to Third Party Websites
As a convenience to our visitors, this website may contain links to other sites owned and operated by third parties that we believe may offer useful information. The policies and procedures we describe here do not apply to those sites. We are not responsible for the collection or use of Personal Data by or on any third party sites. Therefore, we disclaim any liability for any third party's use of Personal Data obtained through using the third party web site. We suggest contacting those sites directly for information on their privacy, security, data collection, and distribution policies.
What if we revise this Privacy Statement?
- This Privacy Statement is updated upon the effective date on the front page;
- This Privacy Statement may be updated when applicable laws and regulations change or our products or service functions change significantly. However, we will not weaken your rights under this Privacy Statement without your clear consent.
- From time to time we may make changes to this Privacy Statement and we will place a notice on our website to communicate to you. The updated Privacy Statement will be applicable to both parties, no matter whether we have sent the specific notice to you or not.
CoolSculpting® and CoolSculpting® Elite are FDA-cleared for the treatment of visible fat bulges in the submental (under the chin) and submandibular (under the jawline) areas, thigh, abdomen, and flank, along with bra fat, back fat, underneath the buttocks (also known as banana roll), and upper arm. It is also
FDA-cleared to affect the appearance of lax tissue with submental area treatments. CoolSculpting® and CoolSculpting® Elite are not treatments for weight loss.
Important safety information:
During the procedure patients may experience sensations of pulling, tugging, mild pinching, intense cold, tingling, stinging, aching and cramping at the treatment site.13 These sensations subside as the area becomes numb.13
Following the procedure, typical side effects include redness, swelling, blanching, bruising, firmness, tingling, stinging, tenderness, cramping, aching, itching, skin sensitivity and numbness. Numbness can persist for up to several weeks. A sensation of fullness in the back of the throat may occur after submental treatment. The following rare and very rare side effects have the following incidence rates (approximate occurrences per number of treatments): paradoxical hyperplasia (1/3000 [0.033%]); late-onset pain (1/6000 [0.017%]); severe pain (1/6000 [0.017%]); hyperpigmentation (1/11000 [0.009%]); freeze burn (1/15000 [0.006%]); treatment area demarcation (1/20000 [0.005%]); vasovagal symptoms (1/30000 [0.003%]); subcutaneous induration (1/30000 [0.003%]); cold panniculitis (1/60000 [0.002%]) and hernia (1/185000 [0.001%]).13,15 The CoolSculpting® procedure is not for everyone. Patients should not have the CoolSculpting® procedure if they suffer from cryoglobulinaemia, cold agglutinin disease or paroxysmal cold haemoglobinuria.13 The CoolSculpting® procedure is not a treatment for obesity.14 CoolSculpting® is not a weight loss procedure and should not replace a healthy diet and active lifestyle.
Please see CoolSculpting® and CoolSculpting Elite® Important Safety Information for additional information.
Effect of treatment varies with individuals
- Medical Insight Inc. The Global Aesthetic Market Study: Version XVII. 2019
- All time International Cycles Summary_040621. Data sourced from Connect Cube database [provided by International Business Excellence]. May 2021.
- Manstein D et al. Lasers Surg Med 2008; 40: 595-604
- Zelickson B, et al. Derm Surg 2009; 35:1462-70
- Allergan Inc. Unpublished Data. CoolSculpting® Publications. INT-CSC-2050471. December 2020.
- Sasaki GH, et al. Aesthet Surg J 2014; 34:420–31
- Allergan. Unpublished data. INT-CSC-2050028. CoolSculpting® clinical “Fit and Function” study to test the V003 wells. February 2020.
- Allergan. Unpublished data. INT-CSC-2050288. Applicator cooling and distribution dye test. August 2020.EN-A.
- Allergan. CoolSculpting® system (CoolSculpting® ELITE) user manual. CS-UM-CM3-04-EN-A. 2020.
- Manstein D et al. Lasers Surg Med 2008; 40: 595-604
- Avram MM and Harry RS. Lasers Surg Med 2009; 41:703-8
- Krueger N, et al. Clin Cosmet Investig Derm 2014; 7:201-25
- Allergan, CoolSculpting® System User Manual. BRZ-101-TUM-EN6-K
- FDA 510(K) Summary Document. Available at: https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/cdrh_docs/pdf19/K193566.pdf [Accessed November 2021].
- Allergan Inc. US CoolSculpting® Important Safety Information. November 2021. Available at: https://www.coolsculpting.com/pdfs/CSC125713-v3-CoolSculpting-Important- Safety-Information.pdf [Accessed November 2021]